Road Race Management Current Issue
In the October 2019 Newsletter, Issue 425
In the News:
- Nike Vaporfly Expected to Receive IAAF Approval; Mizuno-Sponsored Club Allows Athletes to Compete in Chicago Marathon in Vaperfly Shoes
- IAU Allows Visually Impaired Runner to Run with Guide
- Does Anyone Consider the Runners? IAAF Pushes forward with World Championships Marathons in Black Flag Conditions; IOC Meets Resistance to Plans to Shift Location of 2020 Olympic Marathon due to Heat Concerns, but Japanese Citizens Protest
- Road Race Management Calls for Input on Three Important Surveys in Advance of 2019 Race Directors' Meeting
- Drug Testing: What Does a Small City Race Director Do About Drug Cheats?
- Sidebar: PRRO Circuit to Unveil Drug Testing Program for Small Races
- Events: Miracle Marathon Weekend, Picked Apart
- Sidebar: Banned Shoes—Something Else for Race Directors to Check For?
- Tips & Tricks: Shutting down Your Starting Line and Finish Line
- Statistics: Olympic Marathon Finishers, Boston Fundraising, and More
- Business Page: Nike Cruises; New Balance Gets Smart
- Mile Posts: Plenty of Problems at Portland, Montreal Marathons
In the October 28, 2019 E-news
- Road Race Management calls for input on three important surveys in advance of 2019 Race Directors' Meeting
- Shalane Flanagan Retires from Professional Running
- High School Runner Disqualified for Wearing Hijab
- Mark Parker Steps Down from CEO Position at Nike
- Runner Wearing "Jesus Saves" on Race Bib Collapses, Is Saved by Jesus (aka Jesse, aka Jesus Bueno)
- OPINION: Downfall of Doping Coach Alberto Salazar is a Victory for the Sport
In the October 15, 2019 E-news
- Miracle Marathon Weekend, Part One: Kipchoge Kills It
- Miracle Marathon Weekend, Part Two: Brigid Kosgei Smashes World Record
- Kipchoge, Kosgei Stunners Renew Controversy Over Shoes
- Radcliffe philosophical over losing world record
In the September 17, 2019 E-news
- Boston Marathon Qualifying: Ever a Greater Challenge
- Massachusetts: Home of the Fastest Marathoners in the U.S.
- Vin Lananna Named Head of University of Virginia's Track and Cross Country Program
- Christian Coleman Hits Back at USADA
- "SuperHalfs" Series to Launch in 2020; World-Class Half Marathons Reward Citizen Runners
- OPINION: Are Doha World Championships Too Late, Too Hot, Too Neglectful of Human Rights?
In the September 4, 2019 E-news
- Course Adjustments Announced for 2020 U.S. Olympic Trials Marathon
- Tokyo Launches 2020 Cooling Project in Anticipation of Summer Olympics
- Whereabouts Violation Case Against Christian Coleman Withdrawn; Top Sprinter Cleared to Compete at World's
- "Human Metronome," 63, dies in half marathon of "cardiac event"
- American Zach Bitter Smashes World Records in 100 Mile and 12-Hour in Milwaukee
- First Woman to Complete a Sanctioned Marathon in the U.S. Did It the Hard Way - Running Up and Down Pike's Peak 60 Years Ago.
- USA Triathlon Pushes Back on Report of Triathlon Decline
1 Year RRM Membership: $118
Is Someone in Your Organization Already a Member or Joining Now? If so, that RRM Member May Add up to Two (2) Additional RRM Members for just $59. (The two additional members must be part of the same Organization or Company as the current RRM member.) Just call Phil Stewart at 301-320-6865 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to add the additional members.